FOTD | Flowers In My Hair




Base:
Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in 130 Shell
Revlon ColorStay Concealer in 02 Light
Catrice All Matte Setting Powder in 010 Transparent

Eyes:
Essence Eyebrow Designer in 02 Brown
Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo in 35 On And On Bronze
MUA Heaven and Earth Eyeshadow Palette
Essence Kajal Pencil in 01 Black
Deborah Absolute Volume Waterproof Mascara

Lips:
S-he Lipliner in 004
MAC Russian Red

Hair:
Flower crown from H&M
Batiste Dry Shampoo for the curls and texture

I always go ridiculously crazy when I see flower crowns in stores and this year, when H&M teamed up with Coachella (which I really don't give a shit about, but that's not the point!), they came up with so many flower crowns and when I saw this in the clearance section for 2€... don't blame me for picking it up.

As you might know, I'm going to InMusic festival in Croatia in a week's time (hell yes!) and I will see plenty of bands live (Franz Ferdinand, Death Cab For Cutie, La Roux, Of Monsters and Men, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and so on) and the only thing I'm set on is my flower crown, because they're a must. I have literary no idea what will I wear to this semi-muddy festival (as I was told, it's not like Glastonbury, but still muddy). (Maybe I won't get any Wellies. My Doc Martens will have to hold up one last time. I already feel sorry for myself for having to clean them afterwards.)

Next week I plan on writing a post about all the festival necessities and the stuff and then afterwards, I have a little announcement! I will do daily recaps of InMusic and it'll be in lieu of That OneRepublic gig, only for three consecutive days. God knows how I'll manage. I'm going to hate myself.

So, this time I thought I'd talk a little bit about festival beauty in general. I think that the key is to go easy on the skin. By this, I mean to use a bit more of a lighter foundation to let your skin breathe (because let's face it, you're gonna sweat like a pig) and cover up any imperfections with a concealer. (This Revlon one is great at longevity.) For eyes, you can in general go with anything as long as the primer's good! These Color Tattoos from Maybeline are the bomb, because my eyeshadow doesn't crease when I use them. At. All. Also, waterproof mascara is a must. Don't whine about how they're a bitch to get off; this one isn't. For lips, I would suggest something like a nude lipstick or tinted lip balm, but if you are tempted to go bold, then go matte. The MAC matte lipsticks generally make it through eating a three course meal with me, so that's a plus! (Also, lipliner. You'll thank it for the extra bit of longevity!)

Also, I think that festivals in general are a lot about experimenting with makeup, so I plan to do that. I still need to buy some pieces that will jazz up my makeup, but that's all in next weeks' post, so watch this space for that!
xxx Katherine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© what the water gave me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena