Wishlist #4 | Penguin, I hate you.

*translation to the title: Penguin, please, never stop making books, I love you, OK?

Recently, I had to look for a birthday present for my best friend, so I went to the biggest book shop in Slovenia with the most versatile book choice on the planet... and I might have underrated them. Big time. There were so many books and I wanted to have them all. Partially because of what they are and partially...because of Penguin. Penguin is a publishing company that publishes really good books and their covers are FREAKING gorgeous and it made me want all of them. So, these are on my current wishlist. 

Starting with a book I don't actually own, but want to own pretty badly, it's F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby with the bronze wavy looking thing (or their Classics edition, either way, I don't care). I did a review on this book as well as the 2013 film version, so I don't need to give you the whole scoop, but I still want it, because I don't have a Slovenian or English version of this and I'd just love to have it and I think I will. I asked for book vouchers for my birthday next month... and a Lush voucher. What a surprise. Anyway, The Great Gatsby.

Found on sugardarlingblog.blogspot.com
Again, a Penguin Classics book, Breakfast At Tiffany's by Truman Capote. I read the Slovenian translation of this a couple of years ago and I absolutely loved it and also, the film. Can we, please, talk of the film? Audrey Hepburn? Oh my god. I think that woman is one of my favourite people ever to walk this planet. I don't think I should try and explain it, just pick it up and read it, it's written in vaguely the same style as Gatsby and it's not even that long, so definitely worth a read.

Found on bookworldinmyhead.blogspot.com
Being a big fan of Bright Star and John Keats, I think it's no surprise that I would love to have Bright Star: Love Letters and Poems of John Keats to Fanny Brawne, which came out alongside the film in 2009, I think. It's the most beautifully shot thing I've ever seen and the letters are heartbreakingly beautiful, as well as the poems. There are two covers for this; one that's exactly the same as the film poster and the other is a painting of Fanny lying down on a field of blue/purple flowers, which will be a very familiar scene to those who have seen the film. I honestly don't care which one I get, as long as I get it.
Found on booksandculture.com
Alternative cover: x

A brieve proprieve from the classical literature, John Green's books. My collection is slowly growing, which is a miracle in itself and now, I lack only Paper Towns, Let It Snow and Will Grayson, Will Grayson (the last two he wrote with other writers, so I won't just push them to the side) and the Penguin editions are bloody gorgeous and I'd love to get them. 

The next book I would love is A Room With A View by E.M. Forster. I have a Slovenian translation at home, only I can't find it and apparently, it's not that difficult to read in English and it just so happens that Penguin has a beautiful edition of this in their English Library series and yeah. It's pretty and it's a great book, also one of my recommendations!

Found on polarimagazine.com
I also have the next book at home in Slovenian, but it's possibly the weirdest translation of a book I've ever read and I don't like it one bit. Please, give me Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (also, Sense and Sensibility, Mansfield Park, Emma, the whole lot!). This is from their Clothbound series and can you tell, they are really bloody lovely.

Found on blog.blueeggbrownnest.com
OK, I am a fan of Shakespeare; I won't deny that. We had to read any of his plays translated into Slovenian that we wanted; most of my classmates read Romeo and Juliet, cause it's easy to follow and learn the topic of and stuff. What did I do? I read Hamlet and The Taming of The Shrew and I think my professor must have thought I am insane, but I absolutely loved them, so I wouldn't mind getting those two books from Penguin Classics series. Also, The Tempest and Twelfth Night

I'm going to end it here, because it's pretty obvious I want all the books ever written, so this would be the longest blog post in the history of blog posts, wouldn't it? I also thought that I need to stop making the wishlists beauty related and with my birthday coming up in a month, I figured it would be appropriate to wish for books and make a wishlist out of it. I think the next one might be about Lush... yeah, let's make it birthday related.
Anyway, I hope you liked this blog post and I shall see you soon!
xxx Katherine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© what the water gave me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena